The controversial top-functional Rainer Koch moves personal consequences after the failed re-election into the DFB-Bureau.
The 63-year-old offers its premature withdrawal from the Executive Committee of the European Football Union (UEFA). In addition, he will no longer run for another term as President of the Bavarian Football Association at the end of June as the BFV announced. The largest DFB Landesverband introduces Koch for 18 years.
The career of the long-standing 1st DFB vice-president, who also led to the association loaded by numerous affairs in recent years, also three times as interim president and was considered a stripping puller, tends to complete the end. Koch had already announced his decisions according to their own data a day after the DFB Bundestag on March 11 UEFA President Aleksander Cefer and the new DFB President Bernd Neuendorf and the BFV Management Board.
Cook: “Return priorities”
“I will reinstate my personal priorities in the future and return to my job at the turn of the year,” said chef. He last no longer exercised the profession as a judge. In the UEFA executive he was still elected until the spring of 2025. The top office is remunerated with more than € 150,000 per year.
He offered to Ceferin and Neuendorf “immediately after the DFB Bundestag on March 12, to leave the UEFA Executive Committee as soon as a departure from me from this function in the interest of the DFB and its new president and the UEFA is considered appropriate”, said cook. He had surprisingly lost in the election to the DFB vice-president on March 11 in Bonn in the election of the DFB vice-president.
Neuendorf (60) had announced a reassessment of the occupation of UEFA and FIFA posts after the Bundestag. The DFB is currently represented by Peter Peters (59) in the Council of the World Association FIFA and Koch in the UEFA Government. The former Schalke Financial Officer Peters had lost the presidential election against Neuendorf.