Miami Heat secured game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Philadelphia 76ers. Without the injured Joel Embiid, the Sixers runs the breath in the second half while Tyler Herro is running hot. In the end, Miami won clearly with 106: 92.
- Miami Heat (1) – Philadelphia 76ers (4) 106: 92 (boxcore), series: 1-0
- NBA Playoffs: Heat vs. Sixers – The series at a glance (1-0)
- Herro catches fire, hard stays pale: Miami wins
- the most important statistics
- NBA Playoffs – Heat vs. Sixers: The voices
- The star of the game: Tyler Herro
- The flop of the game: James Harden
- the scene of the game
Herro ballerted himself with 4 successful threesome in 6 experiments for the top scorer of the home side (25 points), but also convinced as a playmaker (7 assists at 0 turnover). This was followed by Bam Adebayo with a strong double double (24 and 12 rebounds), Jimmy Butler scored 15 points (5/16 FG).
The Sixers, on the other hand, missed Joel Embbiid Center under the basket, who can intervene in the series at the earliest from game 3 due to a facial fracture. However, the guests radiated too little danger to be able to keep up with Miami after the change of sides. The second half went to the heat with 56:41.
The strong Tobias Harris (27, 11/18 FG), Tyrese Maxey (19) and James Harden (16) were actually the only Sixers scorers with a double-digit points. Above all, The Beard remained pale and could not fill the hole left by Embiid (5/13 FG, plus 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 turnover). Game 2 takes place again in Miami on Thursday night.
For the injured Lowry, as usual, Vincent stood in the first five of the heat, the Sixers was represented by Deandre Jordan. This made use of Miami with attacks against the 33 -year -old center from the first minute, be it in the Pick’n’roll or with Adebayo in the post. In addition, several butter-soft Mitrange jumper by Butler and Miami conjured up an 18:6: 6 start on the floor.
Herro catches fire, hard stays pale: Miami wins
A little later, the heat star even fell a threesome to +14. P.J. Meanwhile, Tucker put hard under pressure with a full court press. Afterwards, a Sixers zone defense brought the home side a little out of rhythm. Philly initially shortened before Herro brought his colors back to 30:22 by the end of the first round.
The potential Sixth Man of the Year really got going, together with Adebayo he quickly ensured a double-digit heat lead. Philadelphia switched to a small lineup completely without a center, in which harden, Maxey and Harris aggressively kept the team in striking distance. On the other hand, Miami made too many turnover (10 in half one). The Sixers ended the first half with a 10: 2 run and took the lead for the first time in game 1 (51:50).
After several balanced minutes, Miami won a slight advantage over a 10-0 run in the middle of the third quarter, Harris provided the correct answer. But Philly had no favor to leave Herro completely open. But that was only a rare sense of achievement from a distance in this round for both teams. Miami nevertheless went into the fourth quarter with an 80:72 advantage.
Herro felt like the only one who had enough three-target water intus, which he demonstrated with a very deep triple. At the same time, he did not let his teammates out of his side, his assist on Adebayo brought Miami away to +16, shortly afterwards Herro followed another triple to 96:77 in the middle of the final section. The Sixers now looked weak, they no longer had a run. The coaches emptied their benches just four minutes before the end.
the most important statistics
Miami Heat (1) – Philadelphia 76ers (4) 106: 92 (boxcore), series: 1-0
- Replacing Embbiid is of course impossible. The fact that the replacement starter is named Deandre Jordan -who was released by the Pistons in summer and during the season by the Lakers -was a feast for the heat. Jordan only played four and a half minutes in half one and was at -12. Paul Reed did better, but who had foul problems, so that even Paul Millsap (-2, 6 minutes) got a time or coach Doc Rivers put on a small ball lineup. In half -time two, however, Jordan started again, who was now better, but still ended the game with -22 (4 points, 2 rebounds in 17 minutes). The actually good small ball was hardly used in half two.
- When Philadelphia converted to zone defense in the first half, Miami would have had a little more good luck from the distance. But the threesome did not want to fall all evening, even partly open attempts. But that was the case on both sides. In the end, the heat was at 9/36 by Downtown (25 percent), the Sixers at 6/34 (17.6 percent). Perhaps Duncan Robinson would have helped in this regard, but who received a DNP CD – his first since April 2019.
- In the third quarter alone, Miami collected 6 offensive rebounds, which she mutated into 7 second chance Points (Phi: 0). This was not only an important advantage for the home side in this round. Overall, the Heat won the rebound duel with 47:37, when it came to offensive rebounds it was 15: 9 and the second chance points 18:14.
- The depth of the Heat was considered a great advantage for the 1-seed before the series began, this was confirmed in the opening game. Thanks to Herro, the home side was responsible for 42 points, the Sixers reservists only came to 21 points (and some of them in Garbage Time). In general, five Heatles double digits, at Philadelphia this was only true for the “Big Three” Harden, Maxey and Harris.
NBA Playoffs – Heat vs. Sixers: The voices
Doc rivers (Sixers coach): “We may like DJ. We will continue to start whether you like it or not. Our boys believe in him. […] Your physique had a big influence on that Play. They were clearly tough and the more physical team. “
The star of the game: Tyler Herro
The 22-year-old had his up and down in the first round, but in game 1 he impressively demonstrated why he is the favorite on the award as Sixth Man of the Year. Herro brought the Heat enormously important scoring and was the only one that evening a weapon from Downtown.
The flop of the game: James Harden
Sure, there are several candidates at the Sixers at this point, Georges Niang (0/7 threesome), for example. But Harden simply has to come more in this series if Philadelphia wants to have a chance without Embiid. He could not earn many freedom, especially after the change of sides against Miami’s defense, in half two he only came up with 4 points. His 5 assists faced 5 turnover.
the scene of the game
A secret hero of game 1 was P.J. Tucker, not only because of its sometimes strong defense against The Beard. But also because of his work on the boards, as in this scene. Tucker’s activity enabled Miami two offensive rebounds in a row before Adebayo secured the third and finally brought the scoreboard to the free wire line by trip to the free-wire line. The heat can fight.
NBA Playoffs: Heat vs. Sixers – The series at a glance (1-0)
|1||3. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||106: 92|
|2||5. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||–|
|3||7. May||1 o’clock||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||–|
|4||9. May||2 o’clock||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||–|
|5*||11. May||TBD||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||–|
|6*||13. May||TBD||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||–|
|7*||16. May||TBD||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||–|
Articles and videos on the topic
* Warriors knowledge: Curry clone continued the X factor
* Experience the NBA live on DAZN. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.